Thursday, April 26, 2012

Aviary Mother's Day Card

Hello everyone.

A very quick post today (I always seem to be in a hurry) to show you the Mother's Day card I made for my Mum this year. Here it is...



 

I took inspiration from this card at http://enchantedoccasions.blogspot.com.au/2012/01/less-is-more-week-50.html

Mine is an easel card, for which I used the cute Aviary set and the Thoughts and Prayers set for the branch. The sentiment is from Teeny Tiny sentiments. I inked the word 'mother' (you can see the full sentiment on the inside of the card) using my Rose Red marker and punched it out using the Jewellery Tag punch, one of my favourite punches, along with the little flower from the Itty Bitty Punch set. The flowers were embellished with adhesive half-pearls.

The branch was also coloured with markers - Chocolate Chip, Certainly Celery and Rose Red. The cage was stamped in Basic Black. The birdies were stamped with Rose Red ink.

The inside was decorated with the Dotted Scallop Ribbon Punch and the Decorative Label Punch.

The cardstock was Whisper White, Chocolate Chip and Rose Red.

Now bring on Mother's Day! Always a great day, isn't it?

Take care.
Andrea

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This is just beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

I thought this card was so clever so perfect too. One of the best cards I have ever seen and I have seen some!!

Laura